Restore GBWhatsapp Backup from Google Drive?
The new update (version) of GBWhatsApp always comes occasionally. Each new update brings more new features and resolves bug issues. Whenever the new version comes, you need to update the app immediately. For this, you must uninstall the previous version app from your mobile phone and download the new GBWhatsApp.
Before uninstalling the app, you must back up your chat and WhatsApp data to Google Drive. This can be done easily with Google Drive. Even if you are planning to change your smartphone, you must back up all of your precious data, including your contact list, photos, installed apps, and all documents.
Securing your entire data on Google Drive is quite an easy process and can be done in a few steps. All you need is an active Google account and phone number.
How to Create a GBWhatsApp Backup?
To create a backup of your GBWhatsApp data on Google Drive, follow the steps below:
- Open GBWhatsApp on your phone and tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on “Chats” and then on “Chat backup.”
- Tap on “Back Up Now” to start the backup process. Ensure your phone is connected to a stable internet connection while doing so.
- You can choose to include videos in the backup or not. The option is available under the “Include videos” tab.
- You can also set up an automatic backup frequency. This will ensure your chats and media are backed up periodically.
- Tap on “Google Drive settings” to select the Google account where you want to store the backup.
- Choose the backup frequency and tap on “Back Up Over” to choose whether to backup over Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Tap on “Back Up Now” to start the backup process.
Once the backup is completed, your WhatsApp data will be stored on your Google Drive account. You can restore your data to a new or similar device if needed.
How to Restore GBWhatsapp Backup from Google Drive?
To restore your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive, follow the steps below:
- Install WhatsApp on your new or reset device.
- Verify your phone number to access your account.
- You’ll be prompted to restore your chat history from your Google Drive backup.
- Tap on “Restore” to restore your chat history and media from your Google Drive backup.
- The restore process might take some time, depending on the size of your backup and internet connection speed.
- Once the restore is complete, your chat history and media will be available on your new or reset device.
It’s important to note that you can only restore the backup from the same phone number and Google account used to create the backup. Additionally, ensure that you’re using the same phone number and Google account that was used to create the backup before attempting to restore it.
If you encounter any issues while restoring your GBWhatsApp data from Google Drive, here are some troubleshooting tips you can try:
- Ensure you’re using the same phone number and Google account used to create the backup. You won’t be able to restore your backup with a different phone number or Google account.
- Check that you have a stable internet connection. A slow or interrupted internet connection may cause the restore process to fail or take longer than expected.
- Ensure there’s enough space on your device to restore the backup. The amount of space required depends on the size of the backup. You may need to free up some space by deleting unwanted files, apps, or media.
- Check the date and time settings on your device. If the date and time are incorrect, it may prevent the restore process from completing successfully.
- Ensure you’ve granted WhatsApp the necessary permissions to access your Google Drive account. You can check this by entering your device’s settings and looking for the WhatsApp app permissions.
- Try using a different Google account to restore the backup. Sometimes, using a different account can resolve issues with the restore process.
- If you still encounter issues, try deleting and reinstalling the WhatsApp app. Make sure to back up your chats before doing so, as deleting the app will delete your chat history.
Side Note: If the above steps do not work, contact WhatsApp support for further assistance.
Google Drive is the most commonly used tool to back up your data. Google Drive allows you to restore your GBWhatsApp chats and media. Just follow the steps above, and your data will be secure in no time. Also, go through the troubleshooting tips explained above to be sure!